Snow Suit w/ Sensitive Carrot Nose

The home for completed spading projects.

Snow Suit w/ Sensitive Carrot Nose

Postby nworbetan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 pm

The end of combat messages pretty clearly indicate a +item effect, so after I had thawed the suit down to +5 lbs I killed some beanbats just to get an idea of what number to start zeroing in on.

83 enchanted beans dropped
131 beanbats killed
= .633 beans/bat
divide by the expected .5 and...
minus 1.2 to account for the base drop rate and mad looting skills, and...

So after thawing it looks like it's around a 5% to 10% +items bonus, unless I did some math wrong, which happens.

Unless someone points out a bone-headed mistake I made, the first idea I'll test after rollover is that the item bonus equals the weight bonus.
nworbetan

Re: Snow Suit w/ Sensitive Carrot Nose

Postby lostcalpolydude » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Doesn't the Egg Hunt mini make this easier to spade?
lostcalpolydude

Re: Snow Suit w/ Sensitive Carrot Nose

Postby nworbetan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:21 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:Doesn't the Egg Hunt mini make this easier to spade?

It might? I don't remember there being a number displayed the last time there was an Egg Hunt mini, but maybe I wasn't paying attention then. Right this moment, I have -110% items + the becarroted snow suit and the Info Booth says my score is -8, but that doesn't change when I put my familiar away altogether. I don't know what that means though, if anything.

I spent 100 turns in the beanbat chamber at -110% items, starting with a fresh +20 Snow Suit & Carrot Nose, and saw 0 drops from 83 beanbats. So it looks like it's probably never >10% even when it's fully charged. There's a report on the talk page on the wiki that says that the +meat bonus from the goatee is the same size regardless of the +weight bonus, and I'll assume the +item is probably the same.

I did see a pixel drop at -109% items + the Snow Suit & Carrot Nose, and then spent another 100 turns in the 8-bit realm at -110% + SS&CN without seeing any pixels drop at all.

tl;dr: Carrot Nose is (probably always) +10% items
nworbetan

Return to Completed Spading