Sack Lunch (from Lunch Break)

The home for completed spading projects.

Sack Lunch (from Lunch Break)

Postby natnit » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Crimbo 2010 Skill Handbook #3. Summons miscellaneous food items.

The wiki has some assorted data, but I'd like to collect something a bit more formalized here.
Code: Select all
2011-01-06. L13 AT. Aftercore. long pork casserole.
natnit

Re: Sack Lunch (from Lunch Break)

Postby bumcheekcity » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 pm

A spreadsheet would probably be best. I could get a few multis to do this, and will add it to a breakfast script tomorrow.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... y=COC0zLcJ

I've set that one up. Completely open to anyone to edit.
bumcheekcity

Postby RoyalTonberry » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Sounds good. I added my results to the spreadsheet. Also added a Food Quality column, as i think it might summon something from a quality tier based on your level, but that's just total conjecture. I do have the skill permed though, so should be able to provide data as i'm ascending.
RoyalTonberry

Postby natnit » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't get how quantity of food makes sense as a column in this spreadsheet. From all accounts you only get one item.

Also, I'd be interested in changing quality to two columns (fullness and adv/fullness). Thoughts?
natnit

Postby RoyalTonberry » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:47 pm

natnit wrote:I don't get how quantity of food makes sense as a column in this spreadsheet. From all accounts you only get one item.

Also, I'd be interested in changing quality to two columns (fullness and adv/fullness). Thoughts?

Removed the quantity column. Getting the fullness and adv/full can be easily done by a robot hitting something like Consumables/Food page on the wiki, don't think we need to have people manually look that up. If we need it, it will be pretty easy to get automagically.
RoyalTonberry

Postby bumcheekcity » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:44 am

A couple of people have requested access to this. It SHOULD be available to all to edit, literally anyone without signing in. If this isn't the case, please let me know.
bumcheekcity

Postby RoyalTonberry » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 am

bumcheekcity wrote:A couple of people have requested access to this. It SHOULD be available to all to edit, literally anyone without signing in. If this isn't the case, please let me know.

Hippoking posted a link to it in the wiki, but the link doesn't allow you edit permissions. That's probably what people are complaining about.
RoyalTonberry

Postby HippoKing » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:21 am

Shit. My bad. I posted a link, which apparently didn't work. An hour later, someone else replaced this with another link, which didn't work either. I've now done it with a tinyurl, which appears to (I'm not sure if the wiki was mauling the spreadsheet address or I did something really stupid or what, but it seems to work now).

The wiki page its on is: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... Sack_lunch
HippoKing

Postby starwed » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Comments on the results so far: it seems like it clearly varies with level, but also has some random component. They made mention on a radio show I heard recently that they think of the tiers in terms of numbers (crappy being 1), so there could be a level based formula like tier=sqrt(level), capped at awesome. We'd only need about 6 samples at a given level to determine if only one quality is available, so that particular formula shouldn't be too hard to disprove by checking levels 4 and 9. :)

Shit. My bad. I posted a link, which apparently didn't work. An hour later, someone else replaced this with another link, which didn't work either. I've now done it with a tinyurl, which appears to (I'm not sure if the wiki was mauling the spreadsheet address or I did something really stupid or what, but it seems to work now).

The link you posted had the authkey parameter stripped out. I changed it to the exact link RT left above, but failed to add a space between the url and your sig, which mangled the authkey part... :)

It also seems that if you've used the link with the correct authkey, any link to the correct document will work in the future? So I had tested the link I posted and found that it worked for me.

I could be completely off on all of this, since I rarely use google docs anymore. This is probably relevant.
starwed

Postby RoyalTonberry » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:08 am

starwed wrote:The link you posted had the authkey parameter stripped out. I changed it to the exact link RT left above

BCC left it, not me ;)
RoyalTonberry

Postby starwed » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Having avatars on the right is unnatural and bound to lead to these sorts of confusions >.>

The last few days I've just been summoning lunches and not using them, since it seems quite likely that level 25 always produces the good casseroles. I guess I'll probably wait til I'm level 14 after the next run to use them -- unless anyone has a string opinion on when I should use them? Don't really want to waste data on this 1/day stuff.

Also, if anyone wants to send a tome to my L7 multi Travesty(#1843728) or L3 u2660 (#2168109) I could spade some lower level stuff. I'm certainly not perming the skill on my main any time soon. :)
starwed

Postby starwed » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:24 am

Here's my conjecture: there are four tiers of food you can summon, and which tier you draw from is determined by your level.

Tier 1: t8r tots, trollhouse cookies, spam witch sammich, ghuol ghoulash
Tier 2: brains casserole, stuffed spooky mushroom, carob chunk noodles, chorizo taco
Tier 3: delicious noodles, painful penne pasta, ravioli della hippy, boring spaghetti
Tier 4: fishy fish casserole, gnat loaf casserole, long pork casserole, cherry pie

Each tier seems to have four foods, one each which gives mus/mox/myst points, and one which gives all or none of them. Seems like each food has the same quality, except that a couple of the unaligned foods are worse than the others of the same tier. (Such as the cherry pie/t8r tots)

I would say the tiers are just for levels 1-4/5-7/8-10/11+, but RT entered "carob chunk noodles" at level 8, which seems out of line with that idea.
starwed

Postby RoyalTonberry » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:15 pm

starwed wrote:I would say the tiers are just for levels 1-4/5-7/8-10/11+, but RT entered "carob chunk noodles" at level 8, which seems out of line with that idea.

Whoops! Just checked my logs to verify (that one was one of the first few I summoned). Mafia log says I was definitely level 7 at the time of summoning.
RoyalTonberry

Postby starwed » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Then I would say this is pretty much solved, although technically we need data to see which tier you draw from at level 5.

I'm fairly certain the distribution within a tier is random, though I haven't actually done a statistical analysis of it.
starwed

Postby stupac2 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:14 pm

When you guys say "summoning" do you mean using the skill or opening the bag? I had assumed the latter is what mattered, but calling that "summoning" seems really misleading to me.
stupac2

Postby RoyalTonberry » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Opening the bag.

The ideal strategy to get good food looks like it'd be wait until level 11/12 to open your four bags for the run, hooray, free food.
RoyalTonberry

Postby Axaca » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:04 am

starwed wrote:I'm fairly certain the distribution within a tier is random, though I haven't actually done a statistical analysis of it.

I opened 607 of these today (level 96).
cherry pie (153)
fishy fish casserole (168)
gnatloaf casserole (145)
long pork casserole (141)
Axaca

Return to Completed Spading