Cornucopia Spading

Basic public spading forum - dump all your numbers and whatnot here!

Cornucopia Spading

Postby ungawa » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Edit: Current best guess: Seed = 3 * (# of cornucopia used this run + path #) + 5 * (daycount) + 7 * (class #)
For accounts that have not ascended, daycount seems to be based on KoL Calendar day rather than day of the run. Or something...

Here's some data to work towards understanding the formula for the seed for cornucopia yields. Conclusions still tentative.
I created some spading multis (Cornucopia_Alpha, currently through Epsilon) to be able to control parameters that I'm interested in spading.

Seed seems independent of:
player level
Level 5 and level 6 DB multis got the same yield
player ID#
3 DB multis created today saw the same yield for the first cornucopia (#2860431)(#2860433)(#2860435)
A 4th DB multi created yesterday (#2860336) got the same yield for his 2nd cornucopia as one of the above DB multis got for his 2nd cornucopia
Ascension daycount
A DB multi on day 2 got the same yield for his 2nd cornucopia (1st of the day) as a DB multi on day 1 got for his 2nd cornucopia.
Edit: While this doesn't seem to matter for unascended accounts, it seems to factor in for ascended accounts.
Quest status
Ungawa got the same result from the first cornucopia of the run today, just before jumping the gash into casual and using another.
Moon sign
Ungawa go the same result at the start of two casuals today, under different moon signs
# of trophies or tattos
A DB multi got the same yields as another after picking up a single trophy followed by a tattoo.
# of (HP) skills
Perming the gingerbread chapeau skill did not change my yield from one run to the next

Seed seems dependent on:
Number of cornucopias used this run
DB multis that used their first cornucopia on different days got the same result from their second cornucopia of the ascension used the same day
Current calendar day (tbd if this is rollover to rollover or midnight Arizona time)
The DB multi crated yesterday got a different first cornucopia yield yesterday than a DB multi created today
Character class
Sauceror multi got different yield for the first cornucopia compared to a DB.
Path number
Dropping from Oxy (Path 3) to Casual (Path 0) got me a series of repeat cornucopia from before dropping.
Last edited by ungawa on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
ungawa

Re: Cornucopia Spading

Postby ungawa » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:05 pm

ungawa wrote:Current calendar day (tbd if this is rollover to rollover or midnight Arizona time)

Looks like it's based on KoL calendar day (rollover to rollover).
A DB multi used his 2nd cornucopia of the run within 10 min of rollover and got the same yield as another DB multi who used his 2nd cornucopia of the run in the middle of the day today.
ungawa

Postby ungawa » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Found some matches.

Assuming a formula of the same form as the continental juice bar:
Let C be the coefficient for the class # term
Let D be the coefficient for the calendar day term
Let N be the coefficient for the number of cornucopia used

Match 1: Cornucopia 4-11 of a run used by an unascended S (class 4) on Carlvember 5 (Dec 9) match cornucopia 11-18 of a run used by an unascended SC (class 1) on Carlvember 5 (Dec 9).

4*N+4*C = 11*N + 1*C => N = C * 3/7

Match 2: Cornucopia 1-3 of a run used by an unascended DB (class 5) on Petember 8 (Dec 4) matched cornucopia 2-4 of a run used by an unascended SC (class 1) on Carlvember 5 (Dec 9).

1*N + 5*C + (X+0)*D = 2*N + 1*C + (X+5)*D
5*D = 4*C - N = 25/7 * C => D = C * 5/7

So far, seed seems to include 3*(cornucopia used this run) + 5*(kol calendar day) + 7*(class #)
(which happens to be the same coefficients as the juice bar)

This seems to not be complete. It seems to hold for my unascended multis, but my ungawa is getting a different yield than predicted.
ungawa

Postby ungawa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:18 am

Seeds 332 to 540 based on the above formula from 3 first life multis: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/189jAE4GNbgVrVyinnhSJIuzglNDf83jSW1O-WdHiJxo/edit?usp=sharing

I have an ascended multi that got seeds 341 and 344 based on the above formula today, and those yields don't appear in the linked yields, so whatever term I'm missing is > 199 for that account.
ungawa

Postby ungawa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:19 am

Another match:
For ungawa: In SC Oxy (Path 3) cornucopia 2 and 3 of the run matched cornucopia 5 and 6 of the run when I dropped to casual after cornucopia 4.
Also for ungawa: SC CS (Path 25) cornucopia 1 of the run matched cornucopia 26 of the run when I dropped to casual.
So there seems to be a 3*(path #) added to the seed.
But still not complete.
Last edited by ungawa on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ungawa

Postby ungawa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Huh, I just got results on ungawa during a casual SC run where the yields matched a casual SC run from 2 days before. But then I was able to predict a yield on an unascended multi using the formula including +5/day based on results on a different multi from 3 days ago.
And KB reported in chat that he got the same yield in multiple casuals over multiple days.
ungawa

Postby ungawa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:51 pm

OK, so comparing ungawa's data to one of Mai's multis over the last few days, I am able to calculate overlapping seeds with overlapping yields IF I hold the date term constant for ungawa and let it increment by 5 for Mai's multi.

Myanide is a Saucerer in Oxy. Using the formula Seed = 3 * (# of cornucopia used this run + path #) + 5 * (KoL calendar day) + 7 * (class #)
Dec 9th, cornucopia 1 => seed = 350
Dec 9th, cornucopia 2 => seed = 353
Dec 10th, cornucopia 3 => seed = 361
Dec 10th, cornucopia 4 => seed = 364
Dec 12th, cornucopia 5 => seed = 377
Dec 12th, cornucopia 6 => seed = 380

Ungawa got the same pairs of yields at various over the past few days
Dec 10th, SC casual, cornucopia 11 => seed = 355
Dec 10th, SC casual, cornucopia 12 => seed = 358
Dec 10th, PM casual, cornucopia 10 => seed = 366
Dec 10th, PM casual, cornucopia 11 => seed = 369
Dec 12th, SC casual, cornucopia 20 => seed = 392
Dec 12th, SC casual, cornucopia 21 => seed = 395

If you replace the date term in all of ungawa's seed calculations with Dec 9th, then those seed values match Mai's.

Edit: Oh, hm... those would line up if you replaced KoL calendar day with in-run daycount for ascended accounts.
ungawa

Return to Spading Central